Being passionate about music, and also being extremely indecisive, this Top Ten Gigs of 2015 list was extremely difficult for me to compile. I am positive that as soon as this article is published, I will remember more gigs to add. But I will stop at ten … though I will also categorise my favourites so I can include a few more!
- Some awesome festivals this year. I loved everything about Cherry Rock. I also loved Supersense, especially Lydia Lunch & JSBX, Sugar Mountain, Melbourne Festival, especially The Fall and Patti Smith’s Horses tribute. These festivals are divine Melbourne exclusives. I feel privileged to have been able to attend.
- AC/DC @ Etihad Stadium
- Anti-Flag x 2 @ 170 Russel
- Peter Hook & The Light @ The Testing Grounds
- Courtney Barnett @ The Forum
- Backsliders & Old Gray Mule @ Caravan Music Club
- Xylouris White @ Howler
- Seether @ The Forum
- She Who Rocks, featuring Baby Animals and The Superjesus @ Max Watt’s House of Music
- Last, but most definitely not least, Steve Poltz x 3! My fave was definitely Poltz’s March gig at The Flying Saucer Club, but I still enjoyed The Spotted Mallard and his gig at The Flying Saucer Club in October. Does Steve Poltz live in Australia now?
What were your favourite gigs of 2015?
Related: 2014 Top Pics