This cheesecake is yum, really yum. Although the recipe uses cherry ripes you can make it with different sorts of chocolate bars. I’ve made it with snickers, mars and also toblerones – same base recipe, just change the chocolate bar. In the pictures I’ve decorated it with ganache, cherry ripes cut into shards and chocolate curls, but feel free to decorate it however you wish. It tastes so good that chances are slim there will be leftovers for your brekky the next day.
125 grams chocolate ripple biscuits
75 grams butter, melted
2 x 250grams cream cheese at room temperature
1/3 cup / 75 grams sugar
200 grams dark chocolate, melted
2 Cherry Ripe bars, chopped
425 grams tinned cherries, drained
Extra cherries, chocolate, cherry ripes etc for decoration
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a springform cake tin.
- Crush the biscuits til they are very fine, and combine with the melted butter. Press into the springform tin – it mightn’t look like there will be enough mix but don’t worry, there will be.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a food processor and blend until well combined. Add the eggs and then the melted chocolate. Fold through the cherries and cherry ripes.
- Pour into the tin, place the tin on a tray and bake for about 50 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool, remove form the tin and decorate however you like.