This recipe is form Nigella’s How to Be a Domestic Goddess cookbook. I came across it when I was looking for a recipe for snickerdoodles and this was right below it. They are easy to make and really delicious. If you see Snickers on special I suggest you buy up so you always have them on hand. Nigella uses crunchy peanut butter but I prefer the smooth.
250 grams self raising flour
85 grams brown sugar
160 grams peanut butter
60 grams melted butter
1 egg, beaten
175 mls milk
3 x 65 gram Snickers, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease or line small patty pan tins.
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter and rub in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Put the milk, melted butter and egg in a jug and mix well. Pour on top of the flour mix, add the Snickers and mix gently until only just combined.
- Spoon into the cake tins, bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until they are golden brown on the top and cooked through.
- Don’t wait til they cool, get stuck in now.