As part of the 2015 Virgin Melbourne Fashion Festival’s Cultural Program Project Series, Bakehouse Studios and BOYDE present DRESS LOUD, pairing some of Melbourne’s most exciting design talent and contemporary artists in this one-off event of fashion, music and art in the rehearsal rooms of the rambling Bakehouse mansion in Richmond.
The official launch of bespoke shoe designer Preston Zly’s take on the infamous Elvis Room; be hypnotised by the lights of up-and-coming design duo Brustman+Boyde’s Backstage Boudoir; and delicately sobered by the dark beauty of jeweller and taxidermist Julia deVille’s room.
View rooms by jeweller Cass Partington, multi-media artists Will & Garrett Huxley, artist and sculptor Emily Floyd, visual artist Patricia Piccinini, musician and artist Mick Turner (Dirty Three), Bruce Milne and Adele Daniele (The Tote), and Spacecraft Studio print designers Stewart Russell and Clara Gladstone who, amongst others, have stripped the music-soaked walls to their bones and re-imagined ten rock’n’roll fantasy rooms to inspire future sound.
Bakehouse Studios staff were dressed and styled by Nevada Duffy and Kathryn Baulch (House of Baulch).
Dress Loud line-up:
- DUET (Edwina Preston & Harry Howard) with Preston Zly in the Elvis Room.
- Pearls with Brustman+Boyde in the Scrap Museum and Backstage
- The Night Terrors with Edgely and Metal Couture in the Jezebel Room
- Time For Dreams with Tettman Doust in the Scrap Museum
- Les Minijupes in the Milne Room
- Lovers of The Blackbird with Alexi Freeman and Tessa Blazey in the Julia deVille Room
- SOS (Style Over Substance) with Will & Garrett Huxley in the Glam Disaster Room
- Stewart Russell and Clara Gladstone (Spacecraft Studios) in the Book Room
- Stella Angelico with jeweller Cass Partington in the Metal Room
- Rosie Westbrook with Tettman Doust and Richard Nylon in the Emily Floyd Room
- Dirty Three (film only) in the Mick Turner Room
- plus an installation of 80s rock star jewellery by Lia Tabrah (O.T.T. by Lia T)