We were treated to an opening performance by Australian singer/songwriter Archie Roach, AM, speeches by Arts Centre Melbourne Chief Executive Officer Claire Spencer, Minister for Creative Industries, Martin Foley MP and Australian Music Vault Patron Michael Gudinski, Molly Meldrum and a performance by Gospo Choir.
We then had a walkthrough of the he Australian Music Vault, a new dynamic and interactive free exhibition at Arts Centre Melbourne dedicated to sharing the story of Australian contemporary music and exploring its future. Founding patrons include Kylie Minogue, Archie Roach, Ian ‘Molly’ Meldrum and Michael Gudinski.
· AC/DC front man Angus Young’s school boy outfit
· Peter Allen’s maracas
· A tunic worn by Chrissy Amphlett
· Dami Im’s Eurovision dress
· Missy Higgins’ guitar
· A costume worn by Kylie Minogue
· Greg Ham’s (Men at Work) saxophone
· Harry Vanda’s (The Easybeats) semi-acoustic guitar
· Beaded gown worn by Olivia Newton-John
· Paul Kelly’s handwritten lyrics for “To Her Door”