Bank of Melbourne announced the 4 finalists of the Melbourne Music Bank competition as voted by Victoria’s music-loving public: Anna Oliphant Wright, Birdhouse, Bloom and Tempus Sun.
They’ll all perform in front of an expert panel at the finale on 25 October, at Arts Centre Melbourne’s famed Hamer Hall. The judging panel that will crown the winner on the night includes Bank of Melbourne’s Head of Brand and Marketing Jac Phillips, Beat editor Cara Williams, Emily Cheung from On The Map PR, manager Matt O’Connor, Damian Costin from 123 Agency and Frank Varrasso from Varrasso PR.
“We’re thrilled with the caliber of our 4 finalists – the public certainly got it right! We can’t wait to see them rock the Hamer Hall stage at the finale,” said Bank of Melbourne’s Head of Brand and Marketing Jac Phillips.
To mark the fourth year of Melbourne Music Bank, Bank of Melbourne asked local musicians and bands to submit an original song to win a career-making prize worth more than $60,000. The prize includes:
- Studio time with a producer, mixing and mastering engineers to record an EP
- Concept design, production, filming and editing of 2 film clips
- 500 CD copies of the EP
- A radio plugger, manager and booking agent
- Media training and styling
- On The Map PR services for a month
- An east coast tour and a spot at the renowned Beyond The Valleymusic festival
See the finalists and hear their songs at bankofmelbourne.com.au/melbmusicbank
Melbourne Music Bank is proudly created by Bank of Melbourne and supported by Arts Centre Melbourne, Beat Magazine, Pandora, Beyond The Valley, 123 Agency and Varrasso PR.