Australia’s Biggest 50s and 60s Nostalgia Festival
Cooly Rocks On 2015, the biggest 50s and 60s nostalgia festival in Australia! Over 2 kilometres of Rock ‘n roll, Rockabilly, Swing music and over 1,000 hot rods, custom cars and classic vehicles lining the stunning beachfront of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads all over two huge weeks from 29 May to 8 June.
Browse through over 100 retro market stalls and 100 craft market stalls; take your taste buds back to the 50s and 60s with vintage styled food and join in the atmosphere that draws over 100,000 people back year after year.
Music fills the venues, more retro cars roll up each day and the festival builds and builds, culminating in a Grand Finale weekend where the streets are closed down, the outdoor stages are moved in and the streets come alive with street parades, shows, displays, competitions and over 1,000 cars parading from Kirra to Tweed Heads each evening.
The festival is free to enter and tickets to indoor shows may be purchased online or at the door. Don’t miss this very popular annual event as an entrant or a spectator, it’s a blast from the past in the most spectacular way.
Ticketed venues, which will be showcasing some of the most renowned performers in the world are:
– The Main Beach Marquee located on the grassed area infront of the Coolangatta Hotel
– South Tweed Sports Centre
– Civic Centre
Cooly Rocks On has a number of stages throughout the festival to ensure there is entertainment to be seen at all times! These stages are:
– Kirra Stage located at Kirra Beach (zone 9 Surf Precinct)
– Beachhouse Stage located along the Marine Parade right opposite ‘The Beachhouse’
– The Sands Stage at the Northern end of Griffith Street, outside of The Coolangatta Sands Hotel
– Jack Evans Boat Harbour Stage
More info at: