Above & Beyond is one of dance music’s most versatile acts. In fact, the trio’s deft songwriting ability and skill with traditional instruments has enabled them to step out from behind the DJ decks and perform their songs in an acoustic format. The not so secret weapon has been an ongoing collaboration with highly talented vocalists including Richard Bedford, Justine Suissa and Zoë Johnston, who each adds a distinct flavor and richness to each song. Shedding the 4/4 beats and progressive rhythms, Above & Beyond have once again teamed up with Zoë Johnston for the emotional ballad ‘Always,’ out today, and included with the new album, Common Ground , to be released by Ajunabeats on Friday 26th January.
Dating back to 2004, Above & Beyond and Zoë Johnston have collaborated on classics including ‘Good For Me,’ ‘Love Is Not Enough,’ and ‘We’re All We Need’, among many others. Zoë has also been an integral part of A&B’s live acoustic shows, helping the band to transform their original songs into renditions that’s become the stuff of legend. The next step in the partnership is the album Common Ground which features Zoë’s voice on the songs ‘My Own Hymn,’ ‘Sahara Love’ and ‘Always.’ ‘Always’ is a gorgeous ballad about the safety, comfort and relief of knowing that somebody will be there for you, especially when you need them most. The song perfectly encapsulates A&B’s work with Zoë – incredible songwriting and delivery that hits you right in the heart. You can’t fight back the tears of joy.
‘The song acknowledges that those who are there for us no matter what still have the choice to walk away. They could choose to disappear, or backtrack on a commitment to love us, but the fact that they don’t is what makes their love evermore extraordinary and precious to us,’ Johnston says.
‘Always’ is available to stream/download now, alongside ‘My Own Hymn’, ‘Northern Soul’, ‘Alright Now’, and ‘Tightrope’ with the pre-order of Above & Beyond’s forthcoming studio album ‘Common Ground’, available worldwide on Friday 26th January 2018.
Above & Beyond
1. Above & Beyond – The Inconsistency Principle
2. Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston – My Own Hymn
3. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford – Northern Soul
4. Above & Beyond feat. Justine Suissa – Naked
5. Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston – Sahara Love
6. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford – Happiness Amplified
7. Above & Beyond – Is It Love? (1001)
8. Above & Beyond feat. Justine Suissa – Cold Feet
9. Above & Beyond feat. Marty Longstaff – Tightrope
10. Above & Beyond feat. Justine Suissa – Alright Now
11. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford – Bittersweet And Blue
12. Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston – Always
13. Above & Beyond – Common Ground