Some people might find zucchini slice a little suburban or pedestrian, but I love it. Either large slices of it for dinner with a salad, or cut small for pre dinner nibbles. The instructions below are for the small nibbly size, but you can of course cut it whatever way you like it’s all the same recipe. This is a Margaret Fulton recipe. I must confess though that sometimes I do add quite a bit more cheese…..
375 grams grated zucchini, liquid squeezed out
3 rashers of finely chopped bacon
1 finely chopped onion
1 cup self raising flour
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup grated chees – you can use whatever cheese you fancy or have in the fridge
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a slice tray.
2. Heat a frypan and fry the onion and bacon until just cooked. Remove from heat.
3. Place all ingredients, including the bacon and onion but NOT the tomatoes, in a bowl and mix.
4. Pour into the tin and decorate the top with halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
5. Allow to cool, remove form tin then slice into whatever shapes you want.