This recipe is so easy – seriously, SO easy. It takes less than 10 minutes ot make, and tastes delicious. I started making this fudge as Christmas gifts, but now make it any time at all. The fudge can be milk, dark or plain depending on your fancy. You can prepare it as plain fudge, or else add whatever fruit and nut combinations you like. I usually throw in whatever there’s half a packet of in the pantry. But one of my favourite combinations is almond and apricot, hence this recipe.
500 grams dark chocolate melts
1 tin condensed milk
60 grams butter
80 grams almonds, chopped
120 grams dried apricots, chopped
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the melts, condensed milk and butter in a large glass bowl and microwave on medium for 2 minutes. Stir well and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until all the ingredients are melted and well combined. If you prefer not to use a microwave just melt over a double boiler
- Add the chopped almonds and apricots to the fudge mix and blend well.
- Pour the fudge into the slice tin and, working quite quickly, press into the tin using a spatula. Smooth the top and refrigerate until set.
- I’m a bit pedantic about slicing this evenly, and have been known to use a ruler to make sure the slices are all even…. No need to go that far, cut into whatever shapes and sizes you fancy.