150 grams butter
180 grams /3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
400 grams / 2 1/2 cups plain flour
115 grams golden syrup
125 grams butter
2 x 395 gram tins condensed milk
250 grams milk chocolate melts
50 grams white chocolate melts
2 tablespooons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C and line a slice tray with baking paper. To make the base place the butter and sugar in a food processor and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg, followed by the flour and blend – the mix will be crumbly but don’t worry. At this stage you may need ot add a little extra flour if it seems a bit sticky.
- Tip the base mix into the slice tray and press down evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the caramel place all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat gently until it begins to bubble. Reduce heat and stir for about 5 minutes or until the caramel just stars to turn golden.
- Remove the base from the oven and spread evenly with the caramel
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the caramel is golden brown. Remove form the oven. To make the slice easier to take out of the tray when it is cool, run a knife around the edges to separate any caramel form the side of the pan.
- Allow to cool completely, then top with chocolate. Melt the chocolate in two separate bowls. Add the oil to the milk chocolate and stir until very well combined. Pour evenly over the caramel, then drizzle with the white chocolate. Use a skewer or the tip of a knife to create marbled patterns through the chocolate. Allow to set completely and slice into squares.