The Backsliders (Rob Hirst & Dom Turner) and Old Gray Mule (CR Humphrey & JJ Wilburn) took a break from their national tour to come by our kitchen and show us how to cook a genuine Texas salsa.
Old Gray Mule’s Texas Salsa
2 450ml cans whole tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1 Spring Onion or purple onion
1. Chop up the garlic, onion, jalapenos & cilantro and add to blender along with the tomatoes
2. Blend for about 6 seconds
3. Heat up a skillet with some olive oil
4. Simmer the salsa in the skillet for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
5. Place the salsa in a bowl and refrigerate until cold
Serve with warmed corn chips.